Roasted Red Onion and Moroccan Olive Pizza
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 20 minutes
● 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced 1/4”-thick
● 3 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
● 2 garlic cloves, peeled
● 2 sprigs fresh oregano
● Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
● 5 tablespoons Casablanca Market extra-virgin olive oil, divided
● 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
● 8 ounces wild mushrooms, torn into bite-size pieces
● 1 pound pizza dough, room temperature
● 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
● 4 ounces goat cheese
● 1/3 cup Casablanca Market Purple Olives, pitted and halved
● 2 tablespoons Casablanca Market Moroccan Harissa (or to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange onion, tomato, garlic and oregano on rimmed baking
sheet in a single layer. Season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black
pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat thoroughly. Roast in
preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until tomatoes have wilted and onions have
softened and begun to caramelize.
2. Transfer half of roasted red onion to a bowl and set aside. Discard oregano. Transfer
remaining roasted vegetables to a food processor with red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon
olive oil. Pulse until a chunky sauce forms. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set
aside. Increase oven temperature to 475°F.
3. In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add
mushrooms and spread into an even layer. Cook on one side, without disturbing, for 4 to
5 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to brown. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and
stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Stretch pizza dough into a 13” circle. Spread with a layer of sauce, sprinkle mozzarella
evenly over surface, and top with goat cheese, olives, mushrooms and reserved red onion. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bottom crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Drizzle with harissa and serve.