Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
We love how there are endless variations to what pizza can be! This colorful, festive flatbread borrows exotic flavors from the outdoor markets of Morocco. Rounds of naan bread are first topped with tomato sauce spiked with Casablanca Market Moroccan Harissa and then topped with sautéed bell peppers and onions, creamy goat cheese, peppery arugula, and both Casablanca Market Purple Olives and Tapenade for a hit of briny, umami flavor. Serve this Marrakesh Pizza for a great happy hour snack or light supper.
- 3 tablespoons Casablanca Market extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Casablanca Market Moroccan Harissa
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced 1/4"-thick
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced 1/4"-thick
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced 1/4"-thick
- 4 naan breads
- 1/2 cup Casablanca Market Purple Olives, pitted and halved
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- Casablanca Market Tapenade, for drizzling
- In medium bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil and harissa until smooth. Add crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place naan bread on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 2 minutes, until bread is warm and soft.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide the sauce evenly between the naan breads. Spread the sauce allowing for 1/2" to 3/4" border on all sides. Divide the sautéed vegetables and olives between the pizzas. Top each pizza with 2 ounces of goat cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until edges are browned.
- Top each pizza with 1/2 cup arugula and drizzle with tapenade.