Crispy Spicy Baked Harissa Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings or drumettes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- Casablanca Market Harissa Sauce
- Butter (not margarine)
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced thin
For Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse chicken wings and trim any excess skin. Do not remove the skin or you will lose the crispiness. Pat chicken dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and seasonings. Add chicken and coat with the flour mixture.
- Prepare a large cookie sheet by covering with foil and spraying with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken on the cookie sheet, at least an inch apart.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning once after about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Add about a 1/2 cup of the harissa sauce and a stick of butter to a small saucepan. Heat on low and stir until butter is melted and sauce begins to bubble. Taste. If the sauce needs more heat go ahead and add more harissa.
- Transfer baked chicken wings into a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the crispy baked chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Whisk together all ingredients for yogurt dipping sauce in medium bowl until well combined. Top wings with scallions and serve with yogurt dipping sauce, celery, and carrots.