Moroccan Quinoa Bowl With Preserved Lemons & Purple Olives
This recipe is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner. With its combination of fresh vegetables, protein-packed quinoa, and creamy hummus, it is sure to satisfy your hunger and nourish your body. This recipe uses unique ingredients like preserved lemon and purple olives to give it a distinct and flavorful taste. It is ready in just 20 minutes making it perfect for a quick and easy meal.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
● 1 half Casablanca Market Preserved Lemon
● 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
● 2 cups arugula
● 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
● 1/2 cup cucumbers, seeded and cubed
● 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
● 1/2 cup shredded carrot
● 1/4 teaspoon cumin
● 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
● 1 cup white bean or chickpea hummus
● 1/2 cup Casablanca Market Purple Olives
1. Scrape the insides from the rinds of the preserved lemons and discard the seeds. Thinly
chop the rinds and set aside. Chop the lemon pulp finely and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine arugula, tomatoes and cucumber. Toss with sliced preserved
lemon rind and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
3. Place quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups of water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat,
then reduce and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed.
Remove from heat. Add chopped preserved lemon pulp, carrot, cumin and cayenne
pepper to quinoa and stir to combine.
4. Spread 1/2 cup hummus in the bottom of two shallow bowls. Top each with half of the
quinoa and arugula salad. Top with olives.