White Bean Hummus Toast
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon Casablanca Market Moroccan Preserved Lemons, rind only, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 thick slices rustic bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup Casablanca Market Moroccan Tapenade
- 1/4 cup Casablanca Market Moroccan Harissa (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Pulse cannellini beans, tahini paste, preserved lemon, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a food processor until finely ground, scraping down sides with a spatula, as needed. With machine running, stream in water and 1/4 cup olive oil. Season to taste with more salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Brush remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on bread slices and grill until lightly charred on both sides. While still warm, gently rub each slice with peeled garlic clove.
3. To serve, spread a generous amount of white bean hummus onto each slice of grilled bread. Top with tapenade and drizzle with harissa to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.