Herbed Couscous with Cranberries
This bright and versatile pearl couscous salad hits all the right tasting notes with salty preserved lemons, sweet cranberries, fresh herbs, and crunchy almonds. Pair it with your favorite main course or enjoy it as a salad on its own.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Casablanca Market Moroccan Preserved Lemon, rind only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add couscous and stir until fragrant, about two minutes. Add water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and turn off heat, letting it sit until water absorbs, 3-5 minutes. Remove from stove and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in a small, dry sauté pan over low heat. Once almonds turn light golden brown, remove from heat.
- Combine couscous, almonds, herbs, preserved lemon, cranberries, scallions, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and salt in large bowl. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Garnish with extra parsley and almonds.