Shrimp with Spicy Harissa Tomato Sauce on Squid Ink Pasta
Liven up your meal with this tasty and bold — yet easy-to-make — recipe for shrimp paired with spicy harissa tomato sauce served over squid ink pasta!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Ready in: 40 minutes
- 8 ounces dried squid ink spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 1 tablespoon salt, for pasta water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Casablanca Market Moroccan Harissa
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn, plus more for garnish
- Place a large pot with 4 quarts salted water on stove and heat on high to boiling. When water reaches a boil, carefully drop dried pasta into water, stir, cover pot and turn off heat. Set timer for 7 minutes (or time on package). When pasta is cooked, drain, toss with 1 tablespoon oil and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in large skillet or saucepan with high sides. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste and harissa to pan and stir to combine.
- Raise heat to medium-high, add tomatoes and bring sauce to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Add torn basil leaves to the shrimp and sauce. Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve shrimp in spicy harissa sauce over pasta, garnished with fresh basil.