RECIPE: Moroccan Cranberry Sauce with Orange Blossom
Our founder, Katia, has been cooking up some sweet and savory treats here at Casablanca Market for the holidays. This week we caught up with Katia to get her recipe for Moroccan Style Cranberry Sauce with Orange Blossom.
Katia Essyad is native of Morocco and a lover of all things delicious. Her cooking has been directly inspired by her mother and the women she was brought up with--many of whom are Casablanca Market's artisans to this day. A self-taught chef with a passion for creating fabulous dishes, Katia loves using spices imported from Morocco and organic produce from local farmers. For this cranberry sauce recipe, she called for Moroccan Orange Blossom Water.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
1 (12 oz) bag of cranberries
½ cup of Satsuma
½ squeezed lemon
1 stick cinnamon
4 cardamom seeds
1 TBS of orange blossom water
Step by step directions:
- In a medium saucepan, combine all but orange blossom water.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15-20 minutes (depending on desired thickness).
- The water will evaporate and the pectin in the cranberries will be activated as it cooks. Remove from heat.
- Let it cool off and refrigerate.
- Sauce can be made up to 1 week in advance and kept refrigerated.
- Add and stir in orange blossom water before your serve.
This recipe is just a foundation. Please put yourself into the recipe wherever you sit fit. For example, our founder Katia loves butter and sugar...so she’s known for adding a bit more in than the recipe calls for :) Double the raisins! Cut the butter! This is your recipe, we're just here to get you started.
Copyright 2016, Chef Casablanca, All Rights Reserved