Recipe: Harissa Burger and Fries
Enjoy this savory Moroccan-spiced burger with a side of crisp, classic french fries. Your taste buds will transport you to the North African Atlantic coast!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Ready in: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Casablanca Market Moroccan Harissa, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, 1/4” diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 medium-size burger buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Lettuce leaves, separated and cleaned
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 5 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste, for seasoning fries
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon harissa and the honey. In another small bowl, stir together ketchup and 2 tablespoons harissa. Set aside both condiments.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, onion, garlic, salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons harissa and parsley until well combined. Form into four burger patties and put aside.
- Preheat oven to 425º. Cut potatoes into 1/4” thick fries. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Spread fries on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Turn once and bake for 5 minutes more, until fries are browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill, grill pan or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Once grill is hot, cook the burger patties 4-6 minutes per side, depending on your preferred doneness. Top each burger with one slice of fresh mozzarella, remove from heat and let meat rest for five minutes.
- Serve burgers on buns with harissa mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato. Season french fries with salt and pepper and serve hot, with the burgers and harissa ketchup.